Agrupación Católica Universitaria

Founded in 1926 by Fr. Rey de Castro, S.J. in Havana, Cuba in order to give support to young Belen alumni throughout their college years at the University of Havana, the Agrupación Católica Universitaria (ACU) continues to be a Marian Congregation (CM) comprised of professional Catholic men, formed within the molds of the Society of Jesus, whose goal is to live a life in Christ based on the principals established in the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. With houses in Miami, Atlanta, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico, the members of the ACU (also known as Agrupados or Congregantes) seek to fulfill man's purpose in life through individual perfection, conceived as apostolic action executed within one's own intellectual means, in order to occupy an influential position of true spiritual leadership. Such leadership is sought to influence decisions made in society, so that society may be brought into accordance with the path that will lead it to God.

The ACU is focused on the development of lay Catholic leaders for today's society. This focus on leadership is reflected in the ACU's motto - "Esto Vir", meaning to be a mature man by doing what God expects one to do. As an organization of professionals, the ACU emphasizes the need for balance among what the organization defines as the three pillars - spiritual life, professional life, and apostolic life - each of which should be continuously developed and strengthened. This is carried out through individual spiritual development - especially through the annual participation in the Spiritual Exercises, weekly discussions on pertinent Catholic topics as they apply to one's personal and professional life, and service activities that build upon the unique strengths and talents of the ACU's members.

CONTACT US

12805 SW 6th Street
Miami, FL 33184-1307
(786) 360-8004
admin@estovir.org

Director:
Father Guillermo M. García-Tuñón, S.J.
BELEN JESUIT PREPARATORY SCHOOL
500 SW 127th Avenue, Miami, FL 33184
phone: 305.223.8600 | fax: 305.227.2565 | email: webmaster@belenjesuit.org
Belen Jesuit Preparatory School was founded in 1854 in Havana, Cuba by Queen Isabel II of Spain.  The task of educating students was assigned to the priests and brothers of the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits), whose teaching tradition is synonymous with academic excellence and spiritual discipline.  In 1961, the new political regime of Cuba confiscated the School property and expelled the Jesuit faculty.  The School was re-established in Miami the same year, and over the next decade, continued to grow.  Today, Belen Jesuit sits on a 30-acre site in western Dade County, only minutes away from downtown Miami.